domingo, 25 de octubre de 2015

The End

Katniss and Peeta where taken back to the capitol in an air craft, but they didn’t trust it a hundred percent so they just wanted to get to the capitol as quick as they could. When they arrived it was a huge thing everybody was cheering and everybody loved them. After that, Katniss and Haimitch talked about the capitol disliking what they did and that they wouldn’t let this go as easy. The capitol was mad because they more or less obligated them too safe them both. Then they had one of those interviews where they were asked questions and they just answered. But in this case every answer they gave wasn’t real because they didn’t meant what they said. Later on, they gave some of the poisonous berries to Claudius Templesmith. They had a dinner with Haimitch and Effie who where happy to see them and proud of them for winning. Then when they where at the train to go back home Katniss tells Peeta that they should just forget about everything but Peeta doesn’t want to.



In the second to last chapter of the book I found this, “The hovercraft materializes overhead and two ladders drop, only there’s no way I’m letting go of Peeta. I keep one arm around him as I help him up, and we each place a foot on the first rung of the ladder.” When I read it, I said in my last blog entry I admire how they never let go of each other even when they are supposed to be safe. I love how they care for each other and how the author can make you think so much from a small text and make you infer thing about it like, are they still pretending to be in love for the public or are they really in love. Will they be a couple outside of the games and stuff like that, that just comes to your mind.

“Out of the corner of my eye, I see Peeta extend his hand. I look at him, unsure. “One more time? For the audience?” he says. His voice isn’t angry. It’s hollow, which is worse. Already the boy with the bread is slipping away from me.” When I read this all my question I had made to myself about them too being a couple where answered. They never loved each other; they did everything for the audience. This was a turning point for me because I actually thought that they felt something for one another and that they had stop faking it.



Well, this book was awesome!! It had everything a good book needs; love, conflict, resolution, suspense, action, appropriate language and the ability to make you want to read ahead. These are just some of the amazing things this book has. Suzanne Collins, the author of the book has a brilliant mind in my opinion, because it made me like to read a book for the first time, and if I had to re-read this book again I will surely do it.

2 comentarios:

  1. What I liked about this blog was that the quotes were really good selected and precise. I also thought that your explanation of your quote was very interesting because you expressed your ideas and thoughts properly. I think you should improve your summary

    ResponderEliminar
  2. i really liked your use of quotes and the way you explained them.i really liked your predictions. i wish you had detailed your ideas better

    ResponderEliminar